Philadelphia, PA 19104
The senior data analyst is passionate about healthcare delivery in a patient care setting. A successful candidate is articulate, analytical, and a team player who understands the power of data in clinical settings. The analyst enjoys coordinating with interdisciplinary teams to create end to end solutions for improving operational and clinical decision making. S/he learns quickly, works independently, and is relentless in overcoming technical, process, and organizational obstacles.
The senior analyst will join the Data and Analytics team in the Center for Healthcare Quality and Analytics and will be responsible for empowering users with data across the institution, providing a unique blend of clinical, technical, and analytical expertise. The team works with multiple groups within the organization to improve clinical quality, improve patient safety and streamline operations. The team combines business knowledge with technology to empower decision makers and believes that analytics and data can improve outcomes, optimize processes, and reduce costs. The team is looking for creative problem solvers who are excited about joining a collaborative team with a big impact.
The senior data analyst will be staffed to work on enterprise-level dashboard projects and data requests and will be a reliable expert in translating clinical and business requirements into meaningful analytical products (dashboards, reports, and analysis). The individual will need to build relationships with key stakeholders, be an expert in multiple data sources, and implement sustainable solutions.
• Guides clinical teams and business stakeholders on large scope projects: gathering requirements, developing metrics, retrieving data, and ensuring validity of results
• Proposes and creates innovative and appropriate data solutions (dashboards, reports, business intelligence tools, etc) for the measurement of processes and outcomes
• Advises on new data models, testing frameworks, and documentation practices
• Demonstrates excellent presentation and communication skills to share findings in an understandable and actionable manner tailored to audience and customer's needs
• Values data quality and has strong data validation sensibilities
• Expert in high performance SQL, relational databases
• Expert with data visualization tools (Qlikview and Qliksense preferred)
• Experience with Business Objects / Crystal Reports preferred
• Certifications preferred: Epic Clarity, Epic Reporting Workbench