Director Clinical & Imaging Information Systems
Akron, OH 44304
• Formal Education Required: Bachelor’ s degree in Business, Computer Science, Nursing or a degree in another healthcare-related field. Additional related experience may be substituted for up to two years of the educational requirement. Experience & Training Required
• 10 years clinical IT experience to include 8 years in a senior level role responsible for clinical, financial and/or regulatory applications, their selection, implementation and life cycle support. Thorough knowledge of application vendors and products utilized in healthcare is required, with demonstrated expertise in one or more focus areas: Considerable experience in large-scale implementation and running of electronic health record systems, including Epic Enterprise. Management of a high-performing, cohesive team consisting of at least ten members in application development, implementation and/or support. Financial accounting and reporting practices applicable to applications, costs and risks IT Sourcing, Vendor and Contract Management Data processing, analytics and quality management tools Design and implementation of application management processes and policies Demonstrated leadership experience liaising with middle and senior management in order to build cross-organizational consensus of a technology platform.
Other Skills, Competencies And Qualifications
• Strategic mindset with proven experience in business and/or IT strategic planning.
• Experience working across business and technology organizations to identify synergies and drive process and operational improvements.
• General knowledge of all IT disciplines and technology platforms
• Knowledge of Agile and Lean principles
• Demonstrated broad knowledge of major aspects of IT operations, including project management, systems development, systems analysis and design, and budget administration
• Working knowledge and use of Standard IT processes and methodologies (i.E. ITIL, PMI and SDLC)
• Proven experience in IT application, data, mobility and infrastructure planning and development
• Proven project and process management skill set. Knowledge of project management methodology.
• Strong problem solving and decision making skills with excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Proven ability to communicate technical concepts to nontechnical people to enhance understanding and drive decisions that lead to positive outcomes.
• Ability to implement standards and operating metrics
• Experience with negotiating and managing contract life cycles, with an emphasis on technology or IT service agreements.
• Experience in managing large complex contracts in one or more IT categories, including hardware, software, service, and telecommunications.
• Knowledge of information systems applications, technology, network, etc.; knowledge of MS Office products including Visio and MS Project.
• High levels of personal integrity when conducting the professional affairs of the organization and dealing with sensitive and confidential data relating to risks and costs.
• Calmness and clarity of thought while under pressure.
• Ability to uphold the goals and culture of the organization.
• Ability to lead, enable and motivate teams by providing advice and guidance in a nonjudgmental fashion.
• Openness to, and the ability to deal with, rapid change in business needs, processes and technologies. Level Of Physical Demands
• Sedentary: Exerts up to ten pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently