Enterprise Data Warehouse Program Manager
Rochester, NY 14602
The Data & Analytics Program Manager is a leader within a cross-functional team where teamwork, collaboration, balancing competing priorities, and continuous learning are the norm.
- Primary goals of the position are to:
- Provide strategic oversight for multiple, simultaneous projects to achieve business goals
- Translate project requests into requirements and detailed project plans with tasks, timelines, milestones, and deliverables for project team members
- Interface between team and governance groups to communicate executive-level program and project information for planning, budgeting, metrics, and process improvement
- Direct team on the application of appropriate project methodologies (e.G., waterfall, agile) to different project scenarios based on objectives, delivery timeframes, and project team composition
- Coach, mentor, and manage a team of project managers on methodologies and techniques used in project management, focusing on data and analytics projects
- Track, report, recommend, and implement recommendations needed to improve upon project metrics within the Data & Analytics group
- Align work with enterprise data governance efforts, including reporting policies & procedures, for effective organizational use of analytic platforms and self-serve business intelligence tools
- Collaborate with the Project Administration Office and other groups within ISD to continuously improve the tools and methodologies used in ISD program and project management
Position works under the direction of the Data & Analytics Senior Director. Position works in collaboration with team leads, application build teams, project administration office, and clinical, financial, operational, and research stakeholders.
Responsibilities include oversight of several related projects and coaching, mentoring, and management of project managers. Program oversight may include, but is not limited to, projects involving vendor selection, database development, tools and platform implementation, infrastructure upgrades, data governance, reporting, analytics, and/or advanced analytics.
Follows and contributes to the development and improvement of guidelines, standards, and conventions for project management and business requirements documentation. Position involves successfully completing training and may include achieving (and maintaining) certifications related to project management and/or analytics. Certifications may require two to eight weeks of training and often include out-of-state travel.
- Manages related projects as a program, providing oversight and initial escalation point for project managers and stakeholders.
- Coaches and mentors project managers on appropriate use of various project management methodologies.
- Creates, consolidates, and maintains project methodology tools and templates for the project management team. Adds content specific to Data & Analytics as needed to assist in scope, risk, and issue management.
- Assists project managers in orienting team members to project tools and templates.
- Maintains project list for Data & Analytics team and acts as liaison to Project Administrative Office for project management activities.
- Provides senior level project management skills as needed for select projects to supplement project management team capacity.
- Coordinates with ISD Finance on appropriate classification of work, vendor contracts and invoices, budget tracking, and capital program reporting.
- Facilitates project and team meetings using effective meeting techniques for objectives, agendas, participants, and meeting minutes.
- Coaches and maintains a positive influence on project team members for accountability and action at all times.
- Conducts regular training and knowledge-sharing sessions with project managers and other team members related to project work.
- Coordinates as needed with Architects, Team Leads, and Project Directors to ensure project team follows department processes for quality assurance, migrations and promotions, end-user acceptance/validation, training, and support.
- Manages all phases of assigned tasks/projects, meets established deadlines, and maintains flexibility and professionalism while managing multiple priorities.
Bachelor's degree in Information Sciences or equivalent; 4-5 years’ management level experience in a financial services setting including automated systems; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Graduate degree preferred.
- 5-10 years IT project management experience
- 3-5 years’ program management experience or related experience managing or mentoring other project managers
- 5-10 years’ experience with office productivity tools including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, SharePoint
- 3-5 years’ experience as a business analyst, systems analyst, interface/integration developer, or report analyst/developer
- 1-3 years’ experience as a trainer or facilitator
- Highly organized with proven ability to meet deadlines, prioritize workload, and manage resources and time effectively
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills and effective communication skills, written and oral
- Leads meetings utilizing effective meeting management methodologies
- Master’ s degree in Healthcare Management/Administration, IT Management, Business, Statistics, Analytics, or Informatics
- Project management and/or program management certification from PMI or a similar organization
- Agile or scrum training or certification
- Experience working in the healthcare industry is highly desirable
- Experience working in healthcare operations, either clinical or revenue cycle
- Experience with enterprise data governance programs and infrastructure
- Experience with application integration/interfaces or report/dashboard development
- Knowledge of relational database concepts and SQL
- Knowledge of Epic reporting tools (RWB/Radar, Extract Editor, Crystal) and report specification design documents
- Knowledge of i2b2 research platform
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence tools (e.G., Spitfire, Tableau, Like)