Epic Orders Analyst
Brooklyn, NY 11212
Epic Application team members are responsible for in-depth knowledge of the Epic System software and are the primary liaison between user community and the Epic application. They conduct regular day-to-day communications, review the software, and exhibit a deep understanding of the business operations and works with Epic, the Epic Application Team(s), vendors and end users to tailor the application to the organizations’ requirements. The Epic IT Technical Analyst routinely preforms in-depth analysis of workflows, data collections, report details, and other technical issues associated with the use of the Epic software; prepare detailed requirements, specifications and provides technical expertise in identifying, evaluating and configuring systems and procedures that meet user requirements. He/she is responsible for the developing and documenting the internal procedures that will be used in conjunction with the Epic applications.
Epic Application team members gain in-depth knowledge of the software by attending training at Epic and completing application certification, certified projects and examinations.
- Researches available and recommended configuration options for the Orders application in conducting issue resolution, evaluates these to determine how best to meet business needs.
- Conducts analysis of difficult workflows, utilizes resources including other application analysts, available documentation and Epic representatives to provide applicable solutions when necessary.
- Works to develop integrated application knowledge by working with other applications and gaining experience as it relates to interfaced systems.
- Analyze available software updates and works with application analysts to implement change when suiting organization needs and meeting department directives.
- Analyze requested system changes to ensure intended impact and prioritize implementation appropriately
- Provides on-call support on a rotating basis
- Responds to end user reported issues in a timely fashion by contacting user and documenting communications within electronic issue tracking system. Provides support in the form of approved system changes, education on functionality or deference to management for operational policy.
- Provide status of assigned tasks and escalates issues as necessary to Team Lead
- Follows change control policy and procedures for the system changes
- Works in accordance with department policy to meet identified operational needs.
- Participates in meetings with other application teams to resolve integrated issues. Completes Orders build and testing in accordance with these efforts.
- Work with Epic representatives, business community and end users to assess opportunities for system optimization and ensure business needs are being met
- Works towards resolution of integrated issues related to workflow or optimization, works with other application teams and operations to assist in resolution.
- Focuses on increasing knowledge of end user workflow, system configurations and cross application integration. Utilizes available resources to complete assigned tasks and escalates when assistance is needed to ensure timely completion
Minimum Experience and Skills
- A deep understanding of hospital organization and the user community in the application coordinator’ s assigned area as a certified Ambulatory analyst responsible for design, build and/or support; current certification required and must be maintained.
- The ability to lead meetings, prioritize, resolve conflicts, maintain issues lists, and manage a project plan
- Strong communication and follow-up skills
- The ability to probe for information about the underlying needs of the organization and user community, which directly influences how the system will be built and maintained
- College Degree
Required qualifications for this position include:
- 2+ years system analysis experience (Epic and/or Hospital Systems
- Epic certification will be required within 90 days of training
- Certification in Orders