Functional IT QA - Claims and Billing
Buffalo, NY 14201 US
Project: Revenue Cycle System Replacement (Athena IDX)
Project Length: 12 months +
Location: Remote or Hybrid Onsite in Buffalo, NY
Travel for Remote Candidates: Minimal travel may be required during key project activities
Position Available ITQA Functional Analyst – Claims and Billing
Roswell Park is looking for two experienced IT Quality Assurance (ITQA) professionals to manage the Software Quality Assurance for the claims and billing tracks of their revenue cycle system replacement. Client is moving off their legacy system and has purchased Athena IDX and over the next couple years will plan, design, and execute a full system replacement for their registration, scheduling, and billing processes. The Functional ITQA Analysts will work closely with the ITQA Functional Leads for the overall project as well as the vendor and the implementation partner to support the IT Quality Assurance process and test strategies for their assigned track for all phases of the testing cycle.
The desired candidate will be an IT Quality Analyst, advocating for Quality and the Quality Assurance and Testing Process. The role requires someone who is influential, politically savvy, and has superb oral and written communication skills with the ability to work in an environment where there are many organizations and leaders often pulling in different directions at any given time. This role will support the Functional Leads in the identification of quality risks and recommend risk mitigation strategies working closely with program and project management to communicate these risks to executives.
This role will immerse themselves in their assigned business processes (claims and billing) during the requirements gathering phase, identifying testing opportunities early as well as identifying quality risks. This role will be hands on creating test cases, executing tests, and identifying defects.
Primary Job Duties:
- Support the creation and execution of Test Cases for the claims and billing track of the Athena IDX implementation.
- Supports the testing kick off meetings, presenting the plan to assigned testers from the business, vendor, and IT team.
- Identifies and creates test cases, ensuring coverage to all the requirements identified during the planning phase.
- Writes detailed test cases from the requirements documents and workflows.
- Supports the Functional Leads in planning and estimating quality assurance deliverables.
- Ensures all requirements for assigned track are planned for, all test cases are linked to the proper requirement(s), all test cases are executed, all defects are updated, and root causes have been researched, communicated, and addressed.
- Identifies quality risks and defects early in the process to prevent failures.
- Works closely with the Senior ITQA Lead and Functional Leads to monitor adherence to quality standards and identifies and reports on quality risks.
- Executes test cases and identifies defects.
- Supports the ITQA Team with defect management, triage, and prioritization meetings for assigned track.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Experience in an outpatient, hospital, or Comprehensive Cancer Center setting.
- Extensive experience in the business processes surrounding Healthcare payer activities may be considered.
- Experience in Claims and Billing in an outpatient or hospital setting.
- Experience working on a Revenue Cycle system implementation
- Experience with Athena IDX a plus.
- 5+ years’ experience testing on complex integrated programs in corporate environments.
- 3+ years will be considered for individuals with a strong Revenue Cycle background.
- Experience working with vendors, developers, and business partners to triage and prioritize issues for resolution.
- Experience Identifying Risk and recommending risk mitigation strategies.
- Hands on experience in:
- Writing test cases with and without documented requirements provided.
- Executing tests and identifying defects.
- Hands on experience with Micro Focus ALM or other test management software.
- Advanced knowledge with software testing concepts: regression testing, negative testing, White Box v. Black Box, functional v. Non-functional testing, defect reporting standards, reproducibility of results.
- Accuracy and Attention to Detail – Understanding of the necessity and value of accuracy and attention to detail; ability to process information with high levels of accuracy.
- Analytical Thinking – Knowledge of techniques and tools that promote effective analysis and the ability to determine the root cause of organizational problems and create alternative solutions that resolve the problems in the best interest of the business.
- Influencing – Knowledge of effective influencing tactics and strategies; ability to impact decisions within and outside own organization.
- Teamwork – Negotiate and partner with other members of the team to foster a strong team environment through communication, personal responsibility, honesty, active listening, collaboration, and empathy.
- Process Management – Knowledge of business process improvement tools and techniques and ability to understand, monitor, update, or enhance existing business or work processes.
- Business Requirements – Experience and knowledge gathering business requirements and/or QAing business requirements for testing activities with the ability to identify requirements gaps.
- Products and Services – The ability to quickly pick up new technologies with little to no training.
- Software Development Life Cycle – Knowledge of and experience with using a structured methodology for delivering new or enhanced software products to the marketplace.
- Software Quality Assurance and Testing – Knowledge of and ability to apply appropriate processes, tools, and techniques for assuring a high level of quality in computer software products and systems.
- Technical Documentation Management – Knowledge of, and experience in management of the development, delivery and maintenance of technology product documentation and publications.