Toledo, OH 43604
Primarily responsible for design and development of web applications, command-line (batch) applications, and reports utilizing object-oriented development environments to efficiently and effectively code, test and implement solutions according to specifications and standards.
- Using development tools and structured programming techniques, efficiently code, test and implement automated solutions adhering to specifications and standards.
- Develop comprehensive release plans, including test plans to ensure developed code is a high quality solution.
- Provide and maintain appropriate written documentation, including configuration and change records, for all applications developed, modified, and supported.
- Interact with customers to effectively gather requirements/specifications, and generate documentation as needed to ensure user expectations are met.
- Participate in analysis, application/system design, and enterprise application integration, generating specifications and prototypes as needed.
- Transfers knowledge and/or trains IT employees and end-users in the operation of their information systems.
- Maintains and monitors assigned IT systems and processes. Actively recommends improvements to maximize performance, capacity and availability.
- Maintains an up to date knowledge of assigned development tools and emerging hardware/software/storage technologies. Also serves as a "technical expert" for other IS staff.
- Responds to and resolves assigned support calls. Investigates, resolves, and documents incidents and problems on a timely basis. Analyzes post-resolution customer satisfaction.
- Provides support for on-site and off hour availability on 7/24 hour basis as defined by the needs of the customer and/or technology.
- Perform other duties as directed
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or business-related curriculum or 5+ years of experience in enterprise-level software development required.
- Experience designing and building database driven web sites using Visual Studio/Microsoft.NET
- Experience on both Windows operating systems.
- Experience with enterprise database systems, such as SQL Server and Oracle.
- Experience with enterprise web development, web security, and web site administration.
- Hands-on knowledge of enterprise application integration, with the ability to make architecture and design decisions that help integrate both custom and vendor applications/systems.
- Ability to rapidly understand existing code bases and databases.
- Ability to produce code that is efficient, high quality, clean and well-commented.
- Demonstrated accuracy with detail work.
- Ability to work both independently and with other developers/technical team leaders.
- Excellent knowledge of computer hardware, user applications and PCs operating in a networked, Windows environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with both technical and non-technical personnel, and ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Knowledge of health care operations is preferred.
- Must be able to input and retrieve information from computer.
- Attends regular customer and team department meetings as scheduled.