IT Security Manager
Akron, OH 44310 US
Ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of Health System information systems and assets. Participates in ongoing enforcement and monitoring activities related to security and privacy in compliance with organizational policy, regulatory requirements, federal and state laws, accreditation and industry standards.
- Assist in the development, mentoring and growth of the information security associates
- Assist in evaluating department budget and costs
- Reviewing, implementing, updating and documenting companywide information security policies and procedures
- Managing security audits and vulnerability and threat assessments, and directing responses to network or system intrusions
- Provide information security awareness training to organization personnel
- Ensuring fulfillment of legal and contractual information security and privacy mandates
- Managing Information Security project life cycles to see projects from beginning to end
- Creates, prepares, and maintains project plans to estimate resources, plan schedules, define goals, establish metrics, assess risks, and develop cost plans and to provide stakeholder reports
- Performs or participates in security risk assessments, business impact analyses, and application accreditation assessments to maintain compliance of information systems and to support the achievement of business objectives
- Communicate information security goals and new programs effectively with other department managers within the organization
Formal Education Required:
-Bachelor’ s degree or higher (Advanced degree preferred) with a major in computer science, information technology, business, or related disciplines
Experience and Training Required:
-Three or more years of demonstrable, professional, Information Security management experience and five or more years IT experience.
-One or more Certification required:
Certified Information Security Systems Professional (CISSP)
Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC)
Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT)
Other Skills, Competencies and Qualifications:
Customer Service – Enthusiastically interacts with all customers. Assumes personal responsibility for meeting customer needs. Consistently demonstrates a commitment to customer satisfaction.
Interpersonal Skills- Is sensitive to the needs, ideas, and feelings of others. Develops and maintains rapport with others. Listens well. Facilitates a group process.
Adaptability/flexibility – Demonstrates the ability to change behaviors and plans to meet rapidly changing/ competing job demands (new or unusual situations). Receives change as a challenge. Revises plans to meet changing circumstances.
Communication – Clearly and effectively communicates ideas and requests to others. Persuades or influences others through spoken or written communication.
Initiative – Starts and completes tasks with minimum prompting. Willing to make recommendations and assume additional responsibilities.
Team Player – Fully participates in maintaining a positive team environment that is conducive to customer satisfaction. Builds trust among co-workers, focusing on accomplishing Organization and departmental mission and goals.
Organized and efficient – Organizes work and uses time efficiently. Recommends innovative ways of doing work more efficiently and effectively.
-Population Specific Competency: Ability to effectively interact with patients/customers with the understanding of their needs for self-respect and dignity