Oracle Functional Supervisor
Shaker Heights, OH 44122
The Oracle Functional Supervisor leads a team of business analysts in the support and optimization of the Oracle eBusiness Suite and ancillary applications. This roles works directly with IT leadership, peers, and technical staff to meet the operational needs of the organization. In addition, this role acts as a liaison between the organization, application vendors, and their technology staff to ensure technical solutions meet organization policies and business application requirements.
- Collaborate with Manager and Technical Supervisor to plan and execute strategic business initiatives.
- Work with business partners and team members to translate business requirements into viable technical solutions with attention to customer service.
- Partner with Project Management Office to support all phases of project implementation.
- Ensure application configurations meet organization security standards and regulatory requirements. - Coordinate patch analysis, deployment, and testing activities.
- Participate in disaster recovery preparation, planning, and testing activities.
- Evaluate current processes, recommend, and drive continuous process improvements and operational efficiencies.
- Participate in technical design reviews with a focus on industry standards and best practices.
- Oversee creation and proper maintenance of business requirements, test plans/scripts and configuration documentation.
- Ensure adherence to department processes including code migration and change control procedures.
- Monitor and measure performance against established department and team SLAs/KPIs.
- Initiate and maintain positive relationships with business partners and team members.
- Facilitate resource planning and prioritization sessions with business partners.
- Supervise production support activities and escalate issues with appropriate internal/external resources.
- Act as a liaison with application vendors and participate in vendor or system selections as needed.
- Develop, mentor, coach and motivate team members.
- Prepare and conduct one-on-ones and performance reviews.
- Participate in the recruiting process for new team members.
- Perform on-call rotation and other duties as required in a 24x7 environment.
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Business Administration, Information Systems or related field, is required.
Credentials, Licensure or Certification:
- Oracle Certified Implementation Specialist, Oracle Certified Expert or PMP certification, a plus.
Experience & Knowledge:
- 5+ years experience leading/supporting application configuration of Oracle eBusiness Suite required.
- Experience managing remote team members preferred.
- Experience leading a new application implementation or major application upgrade preferred.
- Demonstrated functional knowledge in Human Resources, Finance, or Supply Chain required.
- Working knowledge of Oracle development tools, PL/SQL, Forms, Java, System Administration, Workflow, and AME required.
- Thorough understanding of Oracle EBS inter-modular relationships required.
- Knowledge of the following ancillary applications preferred:
- Hyperion Financial Reporting Suite
- Taleo Recruiting (Oracle Cloud)
- Kofax for Accounts Payable
- Experience with Oracle Fusion applications a plus.
- Practical experience interacting with Oracle Support to resolve technical issues required.
- Proven ability to lead development initiatives, meet deadlines, and deliver high quality results required.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills with ability to organize and communicate thoughts in a user-friendly manner required.
- Ability to prepare and present application solution recommendations required.
- Prior experience in project life-cycle, software development life-cycle, and ITIL standards required.