Revenue Cycle Performance Manager
Livonia, MI 48150
Provides managerial direction, leadership, consultation and expertise for revenue cycle performance management team responsible for identifying opportunities for enhancement and/or standardization initiatives, managing the long-term success and sustainability of those initiatives, and continuous improvement projects within a defined population of Trinity Health Revenue Excellence. Work assignments are highly complex and require significant management and/or consulting knowledge and experience in order to plan, coordinate, influence and control the activities of others, as well as integrate activities that are relatively homogenous or diverse in nature. Motivates team to achieve the highest levels of customer satisfaction and to meet the organization goals for customer service, operational and financial performance in order to achieve a world class revenue cycle team. Attends managerial meetings and supports the core values of Trinity Health, which is an integral part of this position. This position reports directly to the Director Revenue Cycle Performance Management.
1. Knows, understands, incorporates, and demonstrates the Trinity Health Mission, Vision, and Values in behaviors, practices, and decisions.
1. Manages, oversees and coordinates multiple multi-functional/interdisciplinary teams, provides technical specialized leadership and guidance in directing managing complex process improvement/change management projects, managing deliverables, and serving as an escalation point in the resolution of significant project issues and removal of project barriers. Defines and manages project plans and goals; conducts business workflow mapping; impact analyses and modeling; applies action steps, develops status reports or communication plans and keeps leadership and key stakeholders apprised of project progress and ensuring project plans and deliverables are met and in alignment with organizational goals.
1. Provides broad based knowledge and experience in multiple operational areas within Hospital and Medical Group Revenue Cycle and serves as a key consultant and authoritative resource in an area of specialization, field of concentration or discipline in the performance of highly complex analysis, issue resolution, and in the development and implementation of technical standards, methods, policies and processes relative to the revenue cycle.
1. Utilizes critical relationship, collaborative and consensus building skills in interfacing with numerous executive leaders, key stakeholders, high level professionals and decision makers. Develops and maintains effective collaborative relationships and partnerships with System Office, PBS and RHM leadership to drive improvement and embed consistent process to sustain best known practice solutions for PBS and RHM operations.
1. Identifies and prepares operational and financial metrics and provides appropriate interpretation and application of data. Designs, develops and implements systems that provide financial, statistical and operational information. Identifies and recommends enhancements to computer systems which support the revenue management operations.
1. Interprets quantitative trends and connects data to operational decisions, functional processes and regional improvements. Serves as a principle liaison to executive leaders providing high-level communications and status reporting of projects, new policies, processes and opportunities.
1. Develops and communicates policies/procedures and other business documentation. Provides and monitors assignments direct reports. Provides leadership and seasoned guidance coordinating projects, adhering to established methodology, managing deliverables, addressing risk factors, removing barriers and providing problem resolution in meeting project plan deliverables.
1. Responsible for initiating activities beyond job scope and developing alternatives in response to short and long term business needs, including identifying opportunities to enhance revenue potential through market and operational trends ensuring continual market relevance of practices and growth.
1. Manages assigned staff in order to ensure steady workflow balance and high-quality outcomes anticipating and planning for staffing fluctuations:
- Interviews, selects and is accountable for the on-going development and evaluation of individuals within the area of responsibility;
- Develops colleague work schedules to ensure cost effective staffing that meets customer requirements and financial performance;
- Establishes, implements and evaluates on-going performance improvement programs, utilizing an interdisciplinary approach;
- Responsible for the financial and personnel management of assigned areas, and
- Effectively directs and facilitates a multidisciplinary team to achieve its desired outcomes.
1. Creates and maintains a culture supportive of personnel by fostering individual motivation, teamwork and high levels of performance and accountability utilizing a participative management style to ensure staff retention. Identifies action plans to improve the quality of services in a cost efficient manner and facilitates plan implementation.
1. Maintains professional development and growth through journals, professional local, regional and national affiliations, educational programs and seminars, and workshops to keep abreast of trends in revenue cycle operations and healthcare in general:
- Develops and implements an annual plan of personal and professional development.
1. Serves in a leadership role and promotes appropriate posiyive human resource skills by fostering teamwork between business and clinical stakeholders and by recruiting, retaining, training, mentoring, developing and managing staff to achieve strategic objectives.
1. Other duties as needed and assigned by the Director.
1. Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State, and local laws and regulations, Trinity Health’ s Integrity and Compliance Program and Code of Conduct, as well as other policies and procedures in order to ensure adherence in a manner that reflects honest, ethical, and professional behavior.
1. Must possess a comprehensive knowledge of revenue cycle functions and systems, as normally obtained through a Bachelor’ s degree in Business or Healthcare Administration or a related field, and five (5) or more years of experience within the area of revenue management, specifically managing performance improvement or continuous process improvement projects other management functions related to revenue cycle activities or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in a complex multi-entity healthcare organization or large complex revenue cycle services preferred.
1. Exhibits superior management skills that emphasize team? Building and strong leadership with the ability to provide clear direction to the department. Must demonstrate strong organizational skills leading a combination of direct and dotted? Line reporting relationships.
1. Extensive knowledge of and experience in project plan development, workflow analysis, and managing complex process improvement/change management projects. Ability to drive change and positive results and respond to difficult situations with ease. Extensive experience planning, formulating and executing strategies. Ability to identify, evaluate and demonstrate operational opportunities, business needs and recognize the interests of executive leaders, key stakeholders and decision makers.
1. Excellent interpersonal, consultative, relationship and consensus building skills in order to effectively lead and facilitate multi-functional teams, develop collaborative partnerships with executive leaders, key stakeholders and decision makers, and operate comfortably in a collaborative, shared leadership environment. Ability to influence results, garner support and tactfully manage complex relationships across the organization. Ability to read the subtle nuances of situations and react/plan accordingly.
1. Demonstrates superior written and verbal communication skills. Ability to facilitate communications between diverse groups. Ability to effectively identify, assess and facilitate improvements and solutions and present advisory and persuasive recommendations.
1. Effective critical thinking, problem solving and decision making skills. Strong quantitative and analytical abilities to process and display data.
1. .Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
1. Must possess a personal presence that is characterized by a sense of honesty, integrity, and caring with the ability to inspire and motivate others to promote the philosophy, mission, vision, goals, and values of Trinity Health.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
1. This position operates in a typical office environment. The area is well lit, temperature controlled and free from hazards.
1. Incumbent communicates frequently, in person and over the phone, with people in all locations on product support issues.
1. Manual dexterity is needed to operate a keyboard. Hearing is needed for extensive telephone and in person communication.
1. The environment in which the incumbent will work requires the ability to concentrate, meet deadlines, work on several projects at the same time and adapt to interruptions.
1. Must be able to set and organize own work priorities and adapt to them as they change frequently. Must be able to work concurrently on a variety of tasks/projects in an environment that may be stressful with individuals having diverse personalities and work styles.
1. Must be able to travel to the various Trinity Health sites (50%) as needed.
Top 6 skills:
Critical thinker; logic based approach to problem solving, solid analysis
great interpersonal skills; chosen candidates will work closely with hospital staff and central business office team members
supervisor experience; chosen candidates will have 3-4 hi-level/hi-performing consultants reporting to them
change management/change leadership skills
strong Excel skills; pivot table and B-look up are required Excel skills (Excel reconciliation, math, data and analytics preferred
revenue cycle background, hospital experience highly preferred, but will accept a hi-level consultant with finance experience, revenue cycle functions include: scheduling, registration, insurance verification, Health Info Management (HIM) medical records, payment review, denials, collections, printing modules