Revenue Cycle Project Manager
Shaker Heights, OH 44122
Project Manager will support Revenue Cycle Projects (Charge Capture and Denials Mgmt.) The role is directly responsible for leading the scope definition, kickoff, design, construct, test, deploy and conclude stages of multiple small to medium scale healthcare information systems projects.
Project & Portfolio Management
Leads multiple IT&S projects with:
- Complex objectives and activities
- Teams comprised of 10 to 25, matrixed, resources from multi-areas of an organization
- Budgets in excess of $400K in capital dollars
- Vendors providing services, applications, hardware, and other components
- Maintains updated knowledge of and uses different project management methodologies, tools, and approaches.
- Maintains expertise in 1 to 2 project disciplines (e.G., process workflow documentation & redesign, system testing).
- Leads vendors through contracting process and provides input to Senior Leadership on negotiation points.
- Plans and scopes all project phases and components.
- Prepares and delivers both written and oral presentations to provide overview of project status, issues and the like.
- Coaches and mentors project team members.
- Create strong relationships with internal colleagues to drive measurable change.
- Manages and builds customers relationships at the Director and Vice President level.
- Effectively communicate and manage project expectations to project managers, owners, sponsors, team members, and other stakeholders in a clear and concise fashion.
- Knowledge Development and presentation of executive level status reports, dashboard and meetings.
- Adheres to UH PMO standards while maintaining a thorough understanding of program management techniques (such as PMI PMBOK). Performance Management
- Motivates team to achieve strategic and tactical goals.
- Coach, mentor, and motivate other project managers, business partners and contractors.
- Influence staff to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within and between various project teams.
- Provides clear points of contact; creates and maintains environment that fosters open, honest and transparent dialogue.
- Process Using UH PMO standards, conduct Artifact Audits, Stage Gate Reviews to ensure delivery of projects.
- Review and assess team status reports, change requests, and requirements documentation to ensure smooth project progression.
- Works with OE team to build and implement Lean process workflows
· Bachelors Degree is required.
· Experience & Knowledge: 4+ years IT project management experience required.
· 2+ years of experience working in healthcare environment preferred.
· 2+ years managing enterprise projects in a healthcare environment preferred.
· High standards of integrity, strong personal work ethic, creative problem solving skills, and flexible work approach required.
· Notable client service, communication, presentation and relationship building skills required.
· Ability to function independently and as a team player in a fast-paced environment required.
· Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Credentials/Licensure or Certification: Project Management Professional (PMP) preferred.
· Special Skills & Equipment Knowledge: Skilled with Microsoft Project and suite of Microsoft Office tools (Power Point, Excel, Word)