Senior Network/Systems Engineer
Sandusky, OH 44870
The role of the Senior Network/Systems Engineer is tasked with designing, implementing, configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting the corporate network to include networking equipment, all software, and all computer-based systems. The role requires the engineer to work in a dynamic and rapidly expanding environment. The Senior Network/Systems Engineer serves as a member of a team of IT professionals and must demonstrate excellent technical competency in delivering mission-critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance, and security. This position reports to the Systems Infrastructure Manager, and will be responsible for leading a team of three junior network and systems engineers.
General Duties & Responsibilities:
- Managing and monitoring all installed systems and infrastructure Installing, configuring, testing and maintaining operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Ensuring the highest levels of operations and infrastructure availability
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions and work with developers to implement those fixes
- Works with the Sr. Security Analyst to maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems Provide 1st through 3rd level support
- Responsible for providing Technical Documentation of Infrastructure environment
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution Ensures and maintains compliance with corporate security policies and standards.
- Recommends new approaches to effect on-going continual improvements to policies, procedures, and documentation.
- Must be self-driven and able to work with minimal supervision and the ability to lead
Skills & Experience:
- BS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, related subject, or equivalent military experience preferred, but not required.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a Network/System Engineer
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring, and troubleshooting Windows based environments.
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring, and administering Microsoft server level applications (e.G., Active Directory, Exchange, SQL)
- Proven ability to configure, maintain, and troubleshoot multiple systems platforms (e.G., Servers, SANs, Laptops, Tablets, Smart Devices)
- Solid experience in programming switches, reviewing routing and firewall (Fortinet) configuration in a Cisco environment;
- Solid understanding of wireless controllers and access points.
- Strong Technical Documentation and System Monitoring Skills
- Minimum 3 years VMWare experience.
- CCNA, CCNP, VMWare, MCSE certification preferred, not required.