Senior Programmer/Software Developer
Washington, DC 20037 US
The Senior Programmer/Developer reports to the team lead and contributes to client’ s mission of transforming healthcare by helping to create custom applications and portals. You will be responsible for translating program specifications into actionable computer code. Additionally, you will be responsible for unit testing and end user support for customized programs. The successful candidate should embody client’ s core values, including Imagination, Partnership, Forthrightness, Humility, Courage and Relentlessness.
- Develop C# .NET solutions for the organization in collaboration with the senior programmer including coding and overall program development.
- Creating in-house applications using the .NET framework.
- Identify, research, and solve technical risks and issues related to coding and performance issues.
- Debug and maintain written code, including executing trial runs in later coding stages and modifying code to address any existing and potential issues.
- Provide technical support to stakeholders in the organization
- Perform basic ETL process on data files that run our applications.
- Define and organize projects on an ongoing basis
- Provide timely and effective communication to the project manager on progress, developments, and time estimations to ensure smooth daily operations and accurate planning.
- Collaborate with management, subject matter experts, and other developers as part of a project team
- Contribute to design and planning sessions via the translation of performance expectations into coding requirements.
- Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree in MIS, ISBP, Computer Programming, Computer Science or comparable years of experience. Two years of experience as a C# programmer or developer is preferred.
- Communication: Excellent verbal, written, presentation, and group facilitation skills; ability to clearly articulate and present concepts in an accessible manner. Must have strong critical analytic, thinking and communication skills necessary to evaluate and respond to team progress, anticipate needs and other related team dynamics.
- Professional Demeanor: Creative problem solver with a high attention to detail. A persistent and positive attitude with an ability to interact with multiple internal and external partners in support of the Department's Core Values of integrity (honesty & protection of confidentiality), scholarship (contribute to dissemination), teamwork (help others), interdisciplinary collaboration (foster advancement of the team). Ability to work independently and complete projects with minimal supervision.
- Culture: Good judgement, impeccable ethics, and a strong team player; desire to succeed and grow in a fast-paced, demanding, and entrepreneurial company.