Sr. Director, Data and Informatics
Conshocken, PA 19428 US
Organization is a quickly growing early-stage Population Health company. Their mission is to help primary care physicians provide better care for their patients. The continually evolving data landscape along with the overall complexity of the healthcare environment and Organization’ s aggressive growth targets require a well thought out, aggressive, and responsive data architecture paired with an efficient and effective business intelligence organization.
The Senior Director, Data and Information is a senior leader of the Information Technology’ s team responsible for developing data strategy and architectures to ensure Organization’ s success. S/he will lead development of data modeling standards, data modeling, and visualization techniques.
- Consistently exhibits behavior and communication skills that demonstrate the Organization’ s commitment to superior customer service, including quality, care and concern with each and every internal and external customer.
- Develop and govern data architecture and modeling standards
- Develop and govern conceptual and logical data models
- Develop and govern approaches for classifying data
- Develop a data science platform architecture
- Develop data profiling / data quality monitoring approaches
- Lead a business intelligence team developing enterprise reports and visualizations
- Manage a team of directors, senior managers, and subject matter experts.
- Maintain a thorough understanding and awareness of current trends in the areas of data architecture, big data, data quality approaches.
- Communicate regularly with other departments to proactively understand strategy and architecture requirements. Supports the team in overcoming roadblocks and escalates, as appropriate, to VP, Information Technology.
- Attract, mentor, and motivate staff to establish a high-performing team properly aligned to the organization’ s needs.
EDUCATION: A bachelor’ s degree in computer science or any similar combination of education and experience; Masters preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience enterprise architecture and strategy development in healthcare or life science organizations.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience establishing and running governance programs to ensure successful implementation of enterprise architectures and strategies.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience developing and delivering technology solutions into organization.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated ability to motivate, collaborate and lead.
- Highly organized with a record of prioritizing multiple projects and meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrable experience with data architecture programs.
- Demonstrable experience across a wide range of data technologies (e.G., several of: relational modeling, dimensional modeling, data vault, big data, data governance, Tableau, PowerBI, data warehouse, database, transactional systems, data integration, agile development…)
- Excellent active listening, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company.