Sr. Network Engineer
Philadelphia, PA 19104
A Principal Network Engineer has similar responsibilities to Network Engineer III personnel. However, a Principal Network Engineer is deemed to be the subject matter expert and in-house advisor on complex problems and issues.
1. Leads teams that plans, forecasts and implements new network technologies of high complexity.
2. Participates in collaboration design and engineering.
3. Evaluates new products and develops technical standards.
4. Is reachable 24/7 as the final escalation point for on call.
5. Performs troubleshooting procedures and designs resolution scripts.
6. Leads enterprise-wide assignments.
7. Works on projects/issues of high complexity that require in-depth knowledge across multiple technical areas and business segments.
8. Maintains and increases knowledge of CHOP IS network systems.
9. Increases knowledge of industry trends, future technologies and client issues that may impact network strategies and direction.
10. Coaches and mentors Level I and Level II, and Level III staff.
11. Serves as expert for management task forces and committees.
12. Participates and provides feed back to improve CHOP corporate and IS processes including, but not limited to, work flow, project management, time accounts, and employee reviews.
13. Visio and PowerPoint abilities
(Ideally will know 10 or more from the first section, 5 or all from the other sections)
Extensive knowledge of the following
- CUCM 9.X and above
- CLI knowledge
- Unity Connection 9.X and above
- IMP 9.X and above
- Media Resources
- VG3xx preferred
- ISR-44xx preferred
- Cisco 88xx, 79xx family of physical endpoints
- IPC and Jabber soft clients
- BiB based Call Recording Solution
- Preferred experience with ZOOM and\or Calabrio
- Extension Mobility
- Local Route Groups
- Cisco Unity Tools
- DNA (Dialed Number Analyzer)
- Route Patterns
- Local route groups
Extensive knowledge of CUBE
- 3925e or ISR 44xx
- CUSP (Cisco Unified SIP Proxy)
- SIP trunking to\from the PSTN
- Dial Peers
Working knowledge of Cisco PCCE preferred, UCCE accepted with these versions and skills
- 10.5 and 11.6
- ICM Scripting
- VVB and\or VXML
- Comprehensive Call Flow
Working knowledge of Cisco Telepresence and Video Conferencing
- Expressway (VCS-E)
- Webex Teams
Working knowledge of Collab Edge or Remote Concepts
- MRA (Mobile Remote Audio)
- B2B Federation
Extensive knowledge of Collab Protocols, Codecs, Concepts
- Notepad ++
- Translator X
- Prime Collaboration
Extensive Knowledge of Telco Services
- SIP Trunking
- MPLS and BPG knowledge a plus
API/Languages (a plus)
External Integrations (a plus)
- Informacast (Singlewire)
- Knowledge of Multicast traffic
- Metropolis CDR
- SIP over MWI
- EPIC integration
- XMedius Faxing Solution
- Starfish or other Provisioning + Automation Tool
- Microsoft Federation
1. Understand and comply with all enterprise and IS departmental information security policies, procedures and standards.
2. Support the integration of information security in the development, design, and implementation of Hospital Technology Resources that process, transmit, or store CHOP information.
3. Support all compliance activities related to state, federal regulatory requirements, healthcare accreditation standards, and all other applicable regulations that govern the use and disclosure of patient, financial, or other confidential information.
1. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field.
2. CCNP or CCIE Collaboration (Alternate of CCNP or CCIE Voice assuming knowledge base has remained current)
3. 5 or more years experience in the Collaboration space.
4. 5 or more years experience in the legacy TDM space.
5. 5 or more years experience in dealing with telcos on both the local and national level.
6. 3 or more years in the Cisco Contact Center space (Ideally focused on PCCE/UCCE).
7. 3 or more years dealing with Expressway or Collab Edge concepts and deployments.
8. 5 or more years experience with Cisco Telepresence.
9. 3 or more years experience with WebEx (nice to have)
10. 3 or more years experience with route/switch in a Cisco environment.
11. 3 or more years experience with 802.11 (wireless) in a Cisco environment.
12. Strong communication and interpersonal skills to interact with team members, management, customers and support personnel.
13. Strong ability to analyze and solve complex problems using analytical and creative problem solving skills for design, creation and testing of networks.
14. Extensive knowledge and experience understanding industry best practices on network architecture and engineering and experience in robust network, product/service and system design and implementation strategies.