Sr. Windows Engineer
Philadelphia, PA 19104 US
Reason: New project
- Provides technical direction, evaluates and recommends the use of new technologies.
- Performs system engineering analyses across multiple platforms.
- Performs requirements gathering, requirement validation and verification.
- Functions as lead to coordinate with team members inside and outside of the organization to support project, planning and policy issues.
- Develops and documents IS and PE engineering standards.
- Provides analytical troubleshooting to resolve issues at a 4th tier level.
- Devises solutions to operational and project problems using creative solutions and working within the capacity and limitations of the organization.
- Evaluates designs, documents, tests, monitors, tunes and sets standards.
- Maintains a high level of education in emerging technologies.
- Assists upper management in identifying potential new products or business opportunities and defines associated program requirements.
- Evaluates highly complex system designs and architectures and recommends design modifications to eliminate single points of failure.
- Leads implementation efforts of high-profile projects.
- Works in a team of Windows Engineers responsible for architecture, design, implementation, and maintenance of Windows Desktop/Server environment.
- Enhances a management and support methodology for large volume Windows deployments, including image management, software distribution and patch management functions.
- Provides application installation and integration guidance to the Development staff.
- Evaluates and recommends new products for use in the desktop/server space.
- Leads in projects to enhance the organizations’ ability to manage and reduce the overall costs of support and management.
- Works with applications architects to ensure new application designs fit into the desktop/server infrastructure and that operational controls are part ofthe initial design.
- Is responsible for developing security, manageability, and functionality of all aspects of Windows desktops /notebooks and related devices.
- Provides technology along with process and procedures for upgrades, customization, and system integration in an Active Directory environment.
- Understands monitoring and management issues related to very large volume deployments.
- Leads the design & implementation of solutions to deploy and manage desktop/server images.
- Leads the design & implementation of solutions to package and deploy applications.
- Leads the design & implementation of Active Directory Group Policy Settings to manage desktop and user environments.
- Configures systems for performance optimization and integrated solutions into customer environments.
- Creates scripts, batch files, or other programs to customize software deployment, test application packages, and document results.
- Is collectively responsible for enterprise anti-virus, messaging, Windows Active Directory and automated build solutions.
- Adheres to and helps improve existing change control and documentation processes.
- Demonstrates and applies rigorous, process driven project management principles in delivering technology solutions.
- Automates functions through scripting for workstation and server builds, common help desk tasks, etc.
- Makes important contributions to the data storage infrastructure and hence must be a subject matter expert in data storage and retrieval in the desktop and server space,
- Is responsible for all aspects of systems configuration, performance, and operation.
21.Participates and leads efforts to evaluate, test and introduce new technology and approaches that improve the end-users experience.
Education: Bachelor's degree or 7-10 years of job experience.
Extensive (5+ years) experience working in engineering and technical solutions development (Windows, Messaging, Active Directory, Servers, Storage) in a large, enterprise environment (10, 000+ users).