Systems Integration Manager
Elmira, NY 14901
JOB TITLE: Systems Integration Manager
REPORTS TO: System Director of Applications
Under the direction of the System Director of Applications, the Systems Integration Manager’ s primary focus is to work with vendors, suppliers, and consultants to architect integrated solutions for ArnotHealth to improve the technological experience for end-users in patient facing roles. He/she will work with other IS management and staff as well as end-users to define goals and objectives as well as priorities of various applications that share information, review project progress and evaluate Arnot Health’ s system integration needs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides leadership to the Information Services department in a manner which supports the mission of Arnot Health’ s vision, goals, and objectives. **
- Directly supervises software engineers, programmers, and analysts. Provides direction, assigns tasks, monitors progress, and accesses productivity, and performs performance evaluations. Lead, coach, and develop staff to better serve the organization. **
- Knowledgeable in all present and planned applications installed or to be installed. Provides the organization an expertise in business applications as well as systems integration. **
- Provide regular reporting of Information Systems activities to include project status, Service Level Agreement related statistics and significant issues to System Directors, CIO, Executive Sponsors and other stakeholders as appropriate.
- Collaborates with others to identify opportunities for using the Integration Engine to meet facility goals and objectives for accessing information required to meet the mission and objectives of the organization. **
- Reviews invoices for interface related work for accuracy, ensuring that any anomalies are rectified promptly.
- Monitors Integration Engine health, both hardware and software, and ensures maximum system uptime by planning and scheduling upgrades to secure current versions. **
- Works with vendors, suppliers and consultants to design solutions that meet Arnot Health needs and requirements, diagnose problems and/or make recommendations and implements solutions, including the implementation of all hardware and software upgrades.
- Responsible for development and maintenance of integration policies and procedures.
- Assesses the licensing needs for the Integration Engine to ensure current and future projects interfacing requirements are delivered on-time.
- May be asked to take scheduled “ on call” responsibilities as assigned that may include weekends, evenings or holidays.
- Familiar with and demonstrates Quality in Action principles, and participates in the process as appropriate.
- It is understood that this lists typical duties for the classification, and is not to be considered inclusive of all duties, which may be assigned.
- Destination Excellence: Responsible for Monthly Rounding of staff; Once or Twice per year H-M-L Evaluation of staff; Yearly Performance Review Evaluation of staff.
- Participate in both functional and technical requirements gathering for the integration solutions
- Configure and test inbound and outbound healthcare HL7 interfaces between applications utilizing a variety of software tools.
- Perform user acceptance testing (UAT) of the integration solutions with the customer representatives
- Provide technical support for other customizations and customer requirements such as reports, extracts, data migrations, product upgrades and conversions.
- Manage the resolution of any outstanding acceptance issues before and after a project’ s go-live
- Report, track and document product-related defects for review by
- Complete technical documentation such as reference materials, installation instructions, user guides, knowledge-base articles, technical requirements and functional specifications.
- Participate in the 24-hour extended support on-call schedule
Key Working Relationships:
- Business Support Managers, Analysts, etc.
- Manager & Support Teams, Financial Systems
- Manager & Support Teams, Service Desk
- Manager & Support Teams, Desktop Support
- Manager & Support Teams, Network & Infrastructure
- Manager & Support Teams, Clinical Applications
- Project Management
- Business Leadership
- C-Level Executives
- Knowledge/experience with healthcare related business activity.
- Able to work alone as well as with team(s) of employees.
- Can work different shifts to accommodate end user/system needs.
- Likes to work in a changing environment, with new challenges.
- Self-starter, with the history of taking leadership positions.
- Technical Ability: Demonstrates facility with software development, programming, and/or applications; enjoys working with and analyzing complex data and developing software solutions
- Innovative Problem Solving: Ability to solve difficult problems; develops creative solutions; the ability to identify key issues/problems through analysis and questions; attacks problems systematically; sees non-obvious relationships
- Interpersonal Social Skills: Adapts approach to be effective working with different people; is comfortable interacting with people who are more senior or more experienced than them; is friendly, personable and engaging
- Efficiency and Attention to Detail: Committed to tasks while adhering to timelines; ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously without details falling through the cracks; has high standards for thoroughness, completeness and accuracy
- Independence/Self-Confidence: Figures things out independently in ambiguous or unstructured situations; runs with ideas/initiatives without needing direction or supervision; is comfortable with taking risks going into a novel situation; directly addresses or raises issues of concern to him/her
Preferred: Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science, Information technology, Healthcare or related field; Five or more years’ experience in a complex healthcare information technology environment with demonstrated leadership skills and customer service.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum Required:
- 3+ years of IT experience in a healthcare environment
- 3+ years of Leadership experience managing projects and teams
- 3+ years of experience working with financial and business applications
- 2+ years of experience with HL7
Special Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Desired:
- * Experience in client-focused interaction
- * Experience with Interface engines (e.G. Corepoint) and healthcare systems
- * Experience with HL7 programming
- * Experience with SQL, XML and JSON files, data analysis and database methodologies
- * Proven ability to code and deliver results as required within specific time frames
- Good presentation and communication skills both in-person and remote
- Ability to design and write technical documents
- Comfortable working knowledge of Internet / Intranet concepts
- Ability to conduct training and develop training materials
Passion for learning new technologies and applications
- Knowledge of Business Systems such as Lawson, Soarian, Workday, Kronos, eClinicalWorks
- Skills in Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to work in a complex and matrixed team environment; experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to resolve conflict and negotiate compromise solutions where necessary
- Ability to provide sound and reliable judgment, take initiative, and accomplish tasks with minimal supervision in complex situations.
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills.
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, and to set priorities, schedule, and meet deadlines.
- * Knowledge of Health Information Exchange (HIE) standards and best practices
- * API: Web services (REST)
- * Knowledge of healthcare standards and best practices
Some travel may be required: during the normal course of business the manager may need to travel to provider offices and/or Arnot Health campuses to meet with staff and/or end users.