Boston, MA 02116 US
The UI Engineer reports to the Director on the engineering team.
The UI Engineer is responsible for designing and overseeing the development of the user interface and the user experience. Additionally, the UI Engineer ensures the technical quality of our UI designs and implementation. In addition, the UI Engineer may have team lead responsibilities for planning and directing software project work performed by internal or external UI/UX team members.
- Design and development of user interfaces
- Sustain existing functionality via technology updates and functional enhancements.
- Based on assigned development tasks, produce technical documentation, versioned software code, and unit test scripts.
- Coordinate with other developers in testing of integrated code components, and coordinate with QA testers in resolving discrepancies between software specifications and application behavior.
- Ensure the quality and experience of the user interface
- Participate in agile planning and agile ceremonies
Participate in project activities, including status meetings and reviews of other engineers designs and code.
- At least 5 years of UI development experience from scratch in a CI/CD environment
- Experience designing and developing UI frameworks/platforms used across applications
- Experience with UI testing frameworks
- Working in a TDD and BDD experience
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with both management and peers
- Computer Science bachelor’ s degree, or 4+ years of equivalent experience
- Strong communication skills
- 5 years of frontend development; utilizing concepts like asynchronous programming, closures, and ES6
- 3 years of experience in React.Js/Redux
- Experience with unit testing frameworks such as jest or Mocha/karma
- Strong knowledge of CSS 3, including SASS
- Experience using TypeScript
- Cross-browser testing (Including Internet Explorer)
- Experience working in a startup / fast paced environment
- Experience working in healthcare tech
- Statistical background and/or exposure to ML techniques and programming
- Experience in developing SaaS healthcare solutions, (HL7, FHIR)
- Working experience with webpack
- Optimization techniques
- Knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes
- Proficient with Core AWS services
- Experience with end to end testing
- Familiarity with Spring Boot
Location: Boston, MA/Remote
Job Type: regular, full-time
Compensation: $120, 000-$150, 000
Full-Time Employee Benefits
Learn more about how we take care of our team.
- Insurance: We cover 80% of the cost of medical and dental insurance and offer vision insurance.
- Retirement: a 401(k) plan that eligible employees can contribute to one month after their first day.
- Life: We offer employer-paid life insurance and short-term and long-term disability insurance.
- Flexibility: We have an unlimited PTO policy so you can take the time you need to relax and rejuvenate.
- Learning: All new hires complete our 7-week Fellowship program to learn about each of our departments.
- Development: We provide annual performance evaluations and outline a clear path for promotions.
- Engagement: We host recurring events like Meditation Mondays, Connections and Socials.
- Recognition: We recognize quarterly You've Been Awesome winners and celebrate our team's service milestones.